Similar to kabobs, but so much better!!
1 lb Chicken
1 clove Garlic
1 ounce Dark Soya sauce
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
1 teaspoon Lemon Grass
1 teaspoon Hot Chili paste
1 glass Red Wine (optional)
1 ounce Water
- Dice the meat into 3/4 inch square cubes and put onto bamboo skewers (about 4 per stick).
- Combine all the marinade ingredients into a food processor and make into a smooth paste.
- Pour this over the prepared sate's and leave to marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Cook the sate's on the barbeque or under the grill for 5-10 minutes until done and serve with hot Peanut Sauce.
Indonesian vegetable salad. The vegetables used are a suggestion, you can use nearly anything that is available to you. Use at least 3 different vegetables.
White cabbage, diced
2 Eggs, hard boiled
- Separately cook all the vegetables lightly. They must still retain a nice crunch.
- Drain and arrange the vegetables in layers on a dish.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the vegetables.
- Decorate with the sliced egg and tomatoes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the crackers over the sauce.
Best enjoyed when the salad is cooled down.