My family absolutely loves my take on the traditional antipasto salad. I always have to make large batches to last several days. The biggest benefit is that the portion that sits in the refrigerator longest tastes best, after the flavours have been melding for days.
8 oz Tri-colour Rotini
1/2 c Vegetable Oil
3 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 tsp Basil
1/8 tsp Red Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1/4 c Parmesan
2 c Broccoli Florets
1/4 lb Pepperoni, sliced
10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/2 c Mozzarella, shredded
- Cook pasta until al dente, Drain
- In large bowl, stir together oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, pepper and salt
- Toss with warm macaroni to coat well.
- Toss with Parmesan.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Add Broccoli, pepperoni and tomatoes; toss well.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and serve.