Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Plant-Based Tacos

I'm one for simple and quick recipes. This version adds healthy to the mix. so it's a win - win for all of us. I'm sure everyone knows how to make a basic taco. Here's where it gets healthier. Not totally healthy since we used regular sour cream but much better that it was. The best part to make this easy? My youngest daughter cooked the meal, and cleaned the kitchen afterward!

The family all agreed that this is just as good as with real meat.


Plant-Based Tacos


Ingredients:

2 bags Gardein Ground Be'f
2 pks Taco Seasoning
1 can Refried Beans
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/2 head Iceberg Lettuce, chopped
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 cup Mexican Cheese, shredded
Taco Sauce to taste
12 Taco-size Tortillas


Directions:

Brown ground Be'f until no longer pink, stir in taco seasoning and cook for two minutes. Add refried beans and mix in well.

In tortillas, layer ingredients however you prefer. For me, I like to spread on the sour cream before adding the meat mixture. Then I put the cheese on so it melts and the sauce to blend in. The lettuce and tomatoes go on last. It's really a matter of preference.

  Enjoy!

                 Ingrid



1 comment:

  1. I make tacos with the Beyond Beef and lately we've been into the vegan fish so I make fish tacos with homemade tartar. YUMMY!!! And yay for a daughter who does the cleaning up!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . If you found a way to make these recipes even better, please share your ideas with us.