Friday, October 4, 2024

Pan-Fried Venison Roast

I love venison. Despite passing the hunter safety course many years ago I will not kill a deer. Like I told my then-husband and his brother "If I shot a deer you would find me draped over it, sobbing." This does not stop me from eating this delicious meat. A few weeks ago that husband had a health scare and sent all of his venison home with our youngest. This is not the first time he's sent us home with a large amount of venison. To him I send a gracious - Thank you so much! (Take care of yourself. The kids need you.)

I know people like to bar-be-que venison but I am one of those who would rather contain all of that precious juice, so I use a cast iron skillet. On the stove or over the grill, it doesn't matter as long as the juice doesn't get wasted. 




Pan-Friend Venison Roast

Ingredients:

Okay. This is where I am not going to be very helpful. I didn't measure the seasonings. Just use your own tastebuds to figure out how much you need.

3 lbs Venison Roast
Montreal Steak Seasoning (I love this stuff!)
Garlic Powder
3 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Tbs Butter
2 Cloves Garlic, smashed

Directions:
  1. Season the meat generously and refrigerate in a Ziploc bag over night.
  2. Remove the venison from the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to cooking so it can come to room temp and cook more evenly. Pat dry.
  3. Heat the cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. You can also do this on your grill.
  4. Add olive oil to skillet. When it's hot add the meat to the skillet.
  5. When you have a nice sear on one side (anywhere from 2-5 minutes) flip the meat. Then, add butter and garlic cloves. Tilt the pan to the side and baste the meat by spooning the butter and aromatics over the chops.
  6. Once the internal temperature reaches about 115-125F, remove the meat from the pan. Personally, I'm partial to rare, but do not cook venison over medium-rare (trust me on this one).
  7. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.

  

        Enjoy!

            Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . If you found a way to make these recipes even better, please share your ideas with us.