Monday, February 27, 2012

Brown Sugar-Glazed Carrots


I always try to include veggies in our meals but my kids are so finicky that I'm limited on what vegetables they'll eat and how I can prepare them (steamed, mostly).  At last, I found a recipe that makes them happy. 
 When I first made these carrots, I made a small portion - fully expecting to give most of it to the dogs.  My kids asked for more!  In fact the next time I prepared it I had already doubled the recipe but asked if I should toss in another carrot.  Amanda yelled an adamant "Yes!" from the next room without seeing how much I had already prepared.  The brown sugar and butter result in a sweet sugar glaze that even kids love.

Ingredients:

  • 16 ounces baby carrots
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 cup water
  • dash salt
  • pepper, to taste

Preparation:

In a medium saucepan, combine the baby carrots with remaining ingredients. Stir to blend ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling (uncovered) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until carrots are tender and the liquid has evaporated.
Serves 4 to 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . If you found a way to make these recipes even better, please share your ideas with us.