Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tuna Parmesano

Many years ago, when my children were young, I realized  they had an abnormal love of pasta.  Not being a big fan of spaghetti myself, I often searched for new recipes.  I found this in one of my cookbooks for kids.  It's unusual in that it contains whipped cream in the cooking process.  Make extra... they will come back for more.



Ingredients:

4 large garlic cloves
18 ounces angel hair pasta
1/2 cup butter
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups frozen peas
13 ounces canned tuna, drained
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Directions: 
  1. fill a large deep skillet with very hot tap water.
  2. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
  3. Peel and mince garlic.
  4. Add pasta to the skillet, boil for 1-2 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
  5. Drain, set aside.
  6. Add butter and garlic to skillet; cook over medium-high heat until butter is melted and sizzling.
  7. Stir in cream, peas and salt; bring to a boil.
  8. Break tuna into chunks and stir into skillet with 1/4 cup cheese.
  9. Return pasta to skillet, cook until heated through, tossing gently.
  10. Serve with additional cheese and pepper to taste.
  1. Serves 4.

  • Enjoy!

    Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . If you found a way to make these recipes even better, please share your ideas with us.